This article is about the explosive Pixl from Super Paper Mario
. For information about other articles named "Boomer", see Boomer
“You build it, I blast it.”
—Boomer, Super Paper Mario
Boomer is the third of many different Pixls that Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Luigi discover in Super Paper Mario. His special ability is to turn into a bomb that explodes, as alluded to by his name. His explosive ability fulfills the same role as Bombette from Paper Mario, and Admiral Bobbery from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
Boomer can be used to open up areas that were once closed off by barriers, and his explosions can defeat enemies at a distance. The player must press on the Wii Remote to set and then detonate the bomb. Eventually, Boomer will also blow up on his own, or he can be detonated immediately by being hit with Bowser's fire breath. It is possible to throw Boomer a short distance by setting him, then quickly switching to Thoreau and picking him up. Also, in Chapter 3-4, Peach uses Boomer to blow up Francis' laptop after Francis uses the laptop to try to flirt with her.
Before joining Mario's party, he asks the following questions. No matter how they are answered, they are virtually the same, just with different emphasis:
- You stay up wonderin' if anyone ever gives presents TO Santa Claus.
- For some reason, you clean your room before a test.
- When someone says, "Let's just be friends," you think, "Yeah, whatever."
- You don't really understand why I'm askin' you all these questions.
- You think shoppin' online is a wonderful and magical experience.
- You once put on a shirt inside out but didn't bother reversin' it before goin' out.
- You wanna be sleepin' when you're awake, but when you're tired, you wanna wake up.
- You're gettin' real tired of these questions.
- Card Type: Rare
- Card Description: This Pixl has an appetite for demolition. "You build it, I blast it." That's his motto.
 Names in other languages
|Bomu (ボム) meaning "bomb" + dokkan indicating the sound of exploding.
||Pun on the onomatopoeia bummm, hinting at an explosion.
||Pun on bombe (bomb).
||Pun on the onomatopoeia kawumm (kablooey), hinting at an explosion.
||Pun on bomba (bomb), also means "bumblebee", referring to its insect-like wings.
|Poktan (폭탄) means "bomb", and kwang (쾅) is sound of an explosion.